HOLY SHIT! If I’ve ever been at the border of experiencing full-blown mania, it happened yesterday – thanks Nintendo! Super Smash FUCKING Brothers for the Wii U hit stores yesterday! First thing you need to know: YOU CAN USE GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS! Praise the Lord, Buddha, or whatever divine entity you believe in! Yes, you need an adapting dock to connect to the Wii U to use the GC controllers, but whatever. I’ll take anything that does not involve the fucking Wii Remote. Can’t wait for that shit to die… Anyhow, back to the game! Super Smash Brothers for the Wii U, apart from having an impressive starting roster of 30+ amazing characters, is GORGEOUS! That HD is no joke. I probably played with every single character on each stage all in one night. The aesthetics of this game go far beyond the last Super Smash Brothers game that I couldn’t contain myself – I needed to see it ALL! Now for some highlights before I got back to spend the next hundreds of hours of my life playing this game:
- Peach still sucks. I don’t understand WHY Melee Peach was not brought back. But she looks prettier.
- Samus and Zero Suit Samus are two different entities, thank goodness. Now I can go about my day with not worrying dismantling armor. The same with Zelda and Shiek.
- Little Mac is actually surprisingly good.
- 8-Player battles are a shit show – but in a good way.
- Characters have much more skins and some are extraordinarily beautiful (e.g., Samus’s Light Suit).
- Interactive stages are more brutal than ever before, especially Kalos Pokémon League:
Pokémon battles got real dangerous… and quick!
Let the battle royale continue!
See you around!